Why Law Firms Love Google My Business
Google My Business ranking is an online marketing strategy that helps law firms manage their online presence and makes it easier for clients to find the firm’s location, contacts, and more information on the firm’s legal practice.
Ranking a law firm GMB is reliable, efficient, foolproof, and the ultimate goal for any law firm, as appearing on the search engine results page will direct more traffic to the firm’s website. To rank well on the Google page, your Google my business listing should include the following:
- The firm’s physical location
- Working hours and days
- Picture gallery of your firm and the staff members
- A brief but detailed description of your practice
- Honest reviews from your clients (positive or negative, for transparency)
- The firm’s FAQs
- Contact details
Why You need Google My Business for Your Law Firm
Still feeling unsure about getting that GMB profile? Here are some convincing reasons why you should consider listing your law firm in Google My Business:
- Unlike most marketing strategies, GMB is a free online business listing that is cost-effective, rather than using paid ads or campaigns.
- An excellent platform for your firm to be visible in the Google search engine results will also direct traffic to your firms’ website.
- A well-optimized GMB ensures a hustle-free experience for your clients to reach out to you since all the relevant contacts and physical location information are available on your listing.
- GMB allows your clients to chat with you through the messaging feature should they have any concerns or questions regarding the firm .
Setting Up a Google My Business Account
Now that we have established that it is important for your law firm to set up a GMB account, here is a brief guide on how to go about it:
- Create an account – Sign up here for a Google account for your firm. Then follow the instructions to finish setting up the account.
- Verification – Once the first step is complete, select an option via email or phone number to verify your account.
- Set up a company profile – With the Google My Business dashboard, click on info and then fill in the business information (e.g., business name, address, and contact information).
- Boost your listing – Add more information about your firm, such as what you specialize in, working days and hours, website links, and so on.
- Upload pictures – Adding photos of your office and your staff gives your firm a higher chance to attract more people, as recommended on Google My Business’ help page.
- Cover photo – Ranking a law firm GMB is all about first impressions, and a good cover photo will help to convince someone to check out your listing.
- Publish content – This is a newly added feature that allows you to add content to your listing, such as corporate social responsibility activities that your firm organized.
- Optimize and update your profile – Regular updates notifies Google that your GMB profile is active and relevant for users searching for your firm.
- Get reviews – Finally, keep an eye on your listing for reviews and any suggestions on improvements that people may have. It’s also a good idea to always respond politely and professionally to reviews, whether they are positive or negative.
For a more detailed guide, check out this step-by-step how-to guide on how to set up a Google My Business.
A GMB listing does more good than harm when it comes to putting your firm on the map and attracting recognition. You’ll get more traffic to your firm’s website, which will hopefully translate into more business. There’s absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t try it out.